a cutting-edge e-commerce company developing products for our own technological platform. Our creative, smart and dedicated teams pool their knowledge and experience to find the best solutions to meet project needs, while maintaining sustainable and long-lasting results. How? By making sure that our teams thrive and develop professionally. Strong advocates of hiring top talent and letting them do what they do best, we strive to create a workplace that allows for an open, collaborative and respectful culture.
Your role as Team Leader will focus on being a facilitator, removing roadblocks and bottlenecks while collaborating with other departments.
You will lead a Product Development team composed of Developers and QAs roles with the responsibility of maintaining one or more products and components. We are looking for someone enjoying mentoring and training less experienced team members to develop our talented colleagues. You will identify hiring needs working hand in hand with HR.
You need to be good at clearly communicating expectations, scope, and risks. You will work with autonomy in all phases of application development including administrative tasks.
To reach your goals as Team Leader, you must be comfortable allowing development teams to come up with the solutions, while you will be their knowledge base and proxy for the business. You will also need to understand the products & technology to prioritize and decide on the best course of action.
- Carry out in-depth research to reveal new and better methods of handling functions within the department.
- Be the main point of contact for the team, having a thorough knowledge of the team´s products & components.
- Work alongside other departments and units within IT such as Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Business Analyst, Testing Experts, DevOps, and SRE to achieve company goals and visions.
- Support collection of user requirements documentation as needed.
- Set team priorities and achieve company goals working alongside other teams & areas.
- Review assignments continuously to ascertain compliance with standards and quality.
- Promote the use of DevOps methodology & culture to deliver multiple complex system´s development projects.
- Contribute to post-implementation reviews helping to demonstrate success or otherwise of projects.
- Write and present regular reports to the Development Manager.
- Carry out administrative functions such as staffing, recruitment, absence control, and on-calls.
- Monitor and coach team members providing advice and guidance.
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with all members of the team to evaluate objectives and improve performance.
Soft Skills required
- Problem-solving & decision-making
Knowledge and skills you need to have
- Degree in computer science or related experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a team Leadership position role.
- Highly understand technical blueprint to support the decisions within the team.
- Proficient using Jira and Confluence.
- Effective time management.
- Demonstrate common sense and exercise judgment when faced with emergencies.
- Sense of ownership collaborating to the company's success.
- Excellent mediator in conflicts resolution.
- Strong understanding of business goals.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior roles, and management from other departments and units within IT.
- Flexible to work with departments in different time-zones (CET/LATAM)
- Upper-intermediate Spanish and English level
Bonus points for the following
- Experience managing team with diverse roles such as QAs, Front-End, and backend developers.
- Software Developer background.
- Be familiar with DevOps practices and technologies.
Why choose us?
We will give you the opportunity to be the best version of yourself, develop professionally and create strong working relationships working remote or on site. While offering a competitive salary, we also invest in our people's professional development and want to see you grow and love what you do. We are dedicated to listening to our team's needs and are constantly working on creating an environment in which you can feel at home.... If this sounds like the place for you, contact us now!